What is good for me, may not be good for you.You need to find a good foundation/face primer that is good for you. Do your research. Ask for help. Just remember it varies on your skin type!
I can tell you if a primer is good, but I think it's good for my skin type. I wouldn't know really about other skin type products. Since I am a dry skin type, why would I grab something that is focused for oily skin?
If you're in a cosmetic shop, remember the Promo Girl/Guy will tell you it's a good item, because they are suppose to sell the products they have in the shop. So just because they say it is good, doesn't mean it is. You could ask for a take home sample so you could try the product at home.
What is the use of a primer?A primer isn't always needed. You could skip this process, and just deal with a moisturizer. Since a primer works like a moisturizer underneath your foundation: It creates an ease in application for foundations and creates a barrier between the foundation and your skin. Primers just take the extra step beyond foundations. It helps even out your skin tone, help make your makeup last longer, and not to mention absorb oil.
- Allows foundation to stay put when the weather is hot.
- Prevents your skin from absorbing Talc and pigment from your foundation, as well as the talc from absorbing oil from your skin.
- They contain botanicals to soothe and refreshen your skin.
- And the biggest part, avoid having cake face! ICK
Here are some suggestions for primers:
Brand > Skin Type
- Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer < Combination to Dry
- Clairns Instant Smooth Perfecting touch < Combination to Dry
- Mary Kay Oil Mattifier < Fairly Oily
- Clinique Pore Minimizer < Slightly Oily to Combination
- Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Primer < Normal
- Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer < Sensitive
- Avon MagiX Face Perfector < Acne Prone
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More < Oily Skin
- Bare Escentuals "Prime Time" Foundation Primer < All skin types
Other Primers You Could Check Out:
- Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Luminizing Face Primer
- Napoleon Perdi Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer
- Tarte Clean Slate Primer
- MAC Prep + Prime
- DHC Velvet Skin Coat
- Arbonne Cosmetics Makeup Primer
Do you use a primer or keep to moisturizer? What's your favorite primer to use?
Thank you for peeping my blog. And I hope you have a wonderful day gorgeous!